STEAMING: Mainiacs prefer to cook their lobster this way!
You will have to increase the cooking time to steam your lobster, however, many people say that the result is even better than boiling, giving you succulent and tasty lobster meat.
- Place a steaming rack to hold the lobster in the bottom of a large pot.
- Pour 2 inches of water into the pot and add 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Cover the pot with the lid and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling fiercely, place the lobster onto the rack, cover the pot and bring it back to the boil.
- Begin timing once the water is boiling again.
- Steam the lobster for 14 minutes for the first lb of weight and then an extra 3 minutes for each extra lb. A 2 lb lobster will cook in 17 minutes, a 3 lb in 20 minutes.
- Once the lobster is done, drain immediately and serve. You better have some melted butter on the side for dipping, or else we will not be eating over!