Boiling Maine Lobster Tails
Leave the lobster meat in the shell for this method until it is finished cooking. Once it’s cooked, cut the lobster shell from tip to tip to access the meat.
- Use six to eight cups of salted boiling water for every four lobster tails
- Place lobster tails into boiling water and turn temperature down to a simmer
- Cook one minute for every one ounce of lobster meat. So, if you have four 10-ounce lobster tails in the pot, cook for 10 minutes
- Remove lobster tails from water, dry with paper towel, and cut the shells in the center from end to end using a sharp, heavy chef knife
- Serve with hot butter or olive oil and season with your favorite accent flavors or eat plain!