Boiling Live Maine Lobsters
BOILING: Perhaps the easiest way to cook a lobster.
- In order to boil your lobster, you will need a large pot with a lid.
- Pour enough water into the pot to cover the lobster completely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt for every 2 liters (4 pints) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Grasp the live lobster from the backdrop it headfirst into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and once the water has started to boil again, start timing.
- Boil the lobster for 10 minutes for the first 1-lb of weight and then 3 more minutes for each extra pound. A 2-lb lobster will be done in 13 minutes, a 3-lb lobster in 16 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the lobster immediately and serve hot with some melted butter on the side for dipping.
Check out the video below on how to easily crack into a Maine lobster!