We recommend Pan Searing the scallops by following the steps below:
1. Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat
2. Add a bit of olive oil and/or butter to the pan with a brush to make sure the fat coats the entire cooking surface.
3. Place the scallops in the pan, making sure they are not touching
4. Leave scallops alone and let them cook for about 1 and 1/2 minutes. Turn carefully with tongs and cook another 1 and 1/2 minutes
Note: with this cooking time, the centers of the scallops will still be translucent. If you do not prefer them that way, sear them for two minutes per side.
5. Remove from the heat and enjoy
Recipes to consider: